Software Engineer 3 is a hands-on role on Cloud Platform team reporting to the Sr. Manager of Cloud Platform Engineering. You will act as a SME on various Cloud native technologies, i.e. Cloud observability stack, CI/CD pipeline, IaC, etc. and drive the rollout of these capabilities to meet and exceed the needs of our customers - our internal application development teams. You will be evaluating AWS Cloud specific and various Open Source technologies, working alongside the Cloud Architect/Principle Systems Engineers, to help drive adoption of these capabilities in a secure, agile and cost-conscious manner. Continuous learning is a key expectation of this role.
What you will do...
- Support migration of all on-prem applications to AWS cloud, an opportunity to learn how to move large scale applications to the cloud
- Determine security requirements in the areas of network design, database access, security testing, authentication methods, implementation of encryption, privilege management, logging, input validation, secure storage design, and secure data transfer.
- Assist in investigation and remediation of security incidents and issues
- Responsible for understanding the customer requirements, design, implementation and support.
Skills you have...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, 7 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. AWS certification, or related industry certification, is preferred
- 4 years of experience with a diverse set of Public Cloud Services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, application services, databases) preferably AWS
- Hands-on Experience with AWS security, identity and compliance related disciplines such as IAM, Security Groups, S3 bucket policies etc.
- Expertise in the following areas:
- Strong development experience in Java or Python
- Software development toolkit - Git, Jenkins
- Deployment automation - Puppet, Salt
- Web service protocols such as Rest, SOAP
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.