The IT Product Development Software Quality Assurance team is looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer for Data platform testing. This role will build, automate and execute test suites to ensure the data transformation, data completeness, data accuracy and functionalities of the data products and integrations built by the Enterprise Datawarehouse and Data Platform team work as expected. This associate will lead the day-to-day activities for the global testing team, comprised of FTE and contracted testing resources.
- Lead the end-to-end QA delivery of data platform, data products and enterprise data warehouse initiatives. Act as key point of contact for all testing of data releases.
- Coordinate with project peers, business partners, IT leads and other stakeholders to design test strategies and develop test plans & test cases
- Provides testing estimates across various lifecycle stages for all test types involved in a project.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of relational data, big-data processing, analytical results and reporting by implementing high quality test planning and test execution
- Perform ETL testing to validate the data from Source to Core EDW Layers and downstream targets.
- Perform Microservices/API testing for the in-bound and out-bound interfaces on the data platform
- Validating the extracts generated from the EDW Layers and perform data attribute testing.
- Performance testing on kafka streaming, big data load ingestion and processing
- Research, prioritize, and manage defect reports and resolution activities
- Strategize and implement test automation and recommended testing improvements through QA best practices, supporting other testers and sharing knowledge of test tools.
- Assure adherence to Enterprise Software Delivery Methodology
- Effectively communicate test plans, test reports, and test metrics to SQA and Senior Leadership.
- Engage with vendor partners in development, release management, and operations for test management and execution
- Onboard, mentor and provide direction to QA team members
* Minimum 10 years of ETL testing experience working with Informatica, SAP or related ETL tools
(Informatica /Data Stage /AbInitio) experience.
* Minimum 8 years of data coding experience writing complicated SQL statements and PL/SQL to
test data flow and to perform data analysis
* Minimum 3 years of experience in testing Big data Hadoop, Cloudera, YARN, Hive, Pig
* Minimum 3 years of experience in testing AWS technologies EMR, Glue, S3, Redshift, Dynamo DB
* Hands on experience in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI/SOA test/Junit.
* Kafka streaming integration testing experience preferred
* Java/Python experience preferred
* Minimum 3 years of experience with QA automation platforms and tools such as Java, Selenium,
* Experience in root cause analysis and defect diagnosis techniques. Ability to document software
defects, conduct defect triage meetings and report defects to project stakeholders.
* Experience with utilization of appropriate test methodologies and use of test management tool
like JIRA, HP ALM
* Ability to operate comfortably in a multi-task / multi priority environment across a global team.
* Must be detail oriented and capable of analyzing issues from the perspective of customers/users.
* BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience
* Experience working with SaaS solutions, including data interfaces is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender e