Principal Systems Architect
Enterprise Architecture is a discipline that is critical to achieving greater efficiency, scale, and innovation of our business application portfolio. The Systems Architect is the trusted advisor for both the IT and the Business leadership team. They are a results-driven self-starter and will be responsible for developing the target state vision and strategy for systems, processes, information and technologies.
In addition to visioning, the role is responsible for working with the technology development teams to build out the appropriate roadmaps to iteratively develop the capabilities to achieve the desired target state. The strategies are expected to be fluid and evolve over time and the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring all artifacts remain relevant. The Systems Architect helps establish frameworks directing the design and build of technical solutions and provides on-going technical support and guidance to development teams.
What you will do...
· Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of business, customer, and product requirements into flexible technical solutions which support current and future needs.
· Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, tradeoff analysis, benchmarking, and interface definition studies to formalize customer requirements into systems architecture specifications.
· Helps to define Enterprise level application architecture.
· Interacts and communicates effectively with internal and external customers and development teams to clarify business, operational, or technical requirements.
· Defines in written documents non-functional requirements (availability, interoperability, portability, manageability, scalability, maintainability, security, monitoring, SLAs, KPIs, regulatory and legal compliance) based on business vision, best practices, and enterprise architecture direction.
· Balances a variety of competing goals in a design, including project time, scope and budget constraints, and system performance, message verbosity, and loose coupling. Performs structured analysis to assess multiple solution options.
· Assists with writing and communicating best practices, standards, and guidelines documents that support IT teams.
Research & Best Practices
· Keeps up on industry trends and current technological standards and best practices.
· Assists with evangelizing adoption of new standards, techniques, products, and methodologies.
· Assists with socializing architecture principles and artifacts, and with the promotion of enterprise architecture within the Company.
· Drives adoption of identified design patterns, standards, principles, and best practices throughout the development organization.
· Serves as a technical advisor on IT projects. Ensures that IT projects adhere to the principles, guidelines, and standards established by Enterprise Architecture.
· Accountable for guiding and modeling the technical implementation of shared artifacts, deployment models, and applications in their entirety--from interfaces, business logic, data, security, network, and infrastructure.
· Maintains ongoing communication with project teams, verifying that the solution that was built adheres to the solution that was designed. Adjusts the solution architecture as appropriate throughout the project.
· Balances long-term strategy and short-term project goals.
· Conceptualizes and articulates alternatives to problem resolution.
· Builds consensus across stakeholder groups including management and individual contributors.
What you'll have...
Education, Experience and Knowledge:<
Thank you for applying to the Principal Systems Architect (SaaS) position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.