* Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by clients & customers.
* Collaborate with other network engineers to fix network outages, configurations, and complex networking issues on customer devices.
* Analyze Network activity using tools like Wireshark, Fiddler, Firebug.
* Work with customers and stakeholders to resolve tier I/II/III issues.
* Augment in-house Knowledge Base with relevant information.
* Stay up to date on new networking technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in engineering and product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends.
* Excellent accountability, follow-through, and resolution skills as well as exceptional sense of Customer Service.
* Hands-on experience diagnosing & resolving network (LAN/WAN) issues including Hardware, Software, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Content Filters, VLANS, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
* Fundamental knowledge in networking protocols including TCP/IP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP.
* Experience supporting LANs, VLANs (VMWare/Citrix), WLANs, VPNs.
* Supporting VOIP Phones (Cisco, Avaya, PBX).
* Experience with Network Tools including Wireshark, Snort, Nessus, TCPDunp
* Experience with Monitoring tools including SolarWinds, WhatUpGold, Nagios, Zabbix.
* Experience in networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
* Solid knowledge in Network Fundamentals (IPv4/IPv6/OSI Model).
* Understanding of networking protocols (IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF).
* Install/configure computer peripherals (Printers, Tablets, Devices).
* Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic environment.
* Exceptional written & verbal communication.
Nice to Have:
* Experience supporting Servers (Windows/Linux).
* Experience with Active Directory (Add/Delete users, GG's, OU's, GPO's).
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information & Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security, or similar.
* Certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, JNCIP, Network+.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Network Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.