Are you passionate about web application development? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient applications? Our client is THE leading data provider to the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry.
- The Technical Director is responsible for managing multiple software development teams, guiding system architecture, ensuring project ownership and team leadership. Your teams will design, develop, test, debug and implement operating systems components, software tools, and utilities; as well as determine systems software design requirements in addition to ensuring that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. The selected candidate will help transition from current to new large scale systems software engineering policies, standards, and procedures.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Act as a player coach with 7+ years of industry experience managing multiple project development teams working on multiple concurrent projects
- Coordinate the activities and deliverables across 3-7 teams while resolving issues and ensuring appropriate priorities
- Mentor and manage Technical Managers in the normal execution of their responsibilities.
- Interact regularly with technology and business executives
- Conduct ongoing and in-depth needs analysis (approximately 20% of total time) with client to obtain detailed business requirements
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements, develop project plan and work schedules for use by his scrum development team
- Successfully implement software development projects to specification and within scheduled timelines and budget parameters. Ensure proper software development practices are followed and provide guidance and/or assistance when necessary
- Provide status reports and feedback to Business Management
- Act as release manager to ensure product components are released for production deployment as tested
- Work with internal and external clients to document project success criteria
- Drive continuous improvement within Scrum team by focusing on engineering excellence
- Work with recruiting to identify, hire and onboard top industry talent
- Manage up or out any team members that are performing below expectation of position.
- Coach, motivate, train and retain "A Players'
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen the technology platform and development practices
- Act as "Voice of the Customer" when participating in product readiness reviews
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Skills & Qualifications:
5+ years of multi-team development
management experience with 2 or more direct manager reports
Experience with complex Web and database based technologies
Demonstrated expert knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and design patterns
High proficiency in testing methodology, Agile methodology, test documentation procedures and QA Best Practices
Understanding & implementation of automated test processes
Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management)
Excellent team building, negotiation and consensus building abilities
Ability to motivate and build high performance testing and software development teams
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org