· Supports network operations, maintenance and engineering including all aspects of the connectivity infrastructure, firewall support, and VPN support (IPSEC tunnels and remote access).
· Analyzes, plans, diagrams and implements network enhancements and upgrades.
· Troubleshoots and resolves network outages and performance related issues.
· Provides technical expertise for network performance and configuration.
· Schedules network conversions and cut-overs.
· Participates in leading and defining best of class security practices for enterprise networks. Monitors and maintains network usage and security.
· Responds to the needs and questions of staff and customers as they relate to network performance and connectivity.
· Coordinates upgrades/supports with outside vendors.
· Maintains a backup of all configurations and code.
· Responds a 24x7 emergency pager on a scheduled rotating basis.
· Supports the escalation and communication of status to company management and internal customers.
· Writes and reviews change management plans, performs the network changes, collects artifacts, updates relevant databases and documents the outcome.
· Develops and maintains architectural documents, guidelines and procedures in support of Bright's network policies, standards and guidelines.
· Serves as the technical lead for project based assignments.
· Interacts with ISP's, telcos, and any third parties required to accomplish essential job functions.
· Manages and maintains domain name registration with multiple providers.
· Performs other duties that are reasonably assigned and associated with the role to support the overall needs of the business.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience in an IP-based enterprise
network environment as a network engineer or architect. The candidate must possess expert
knowledge of TCP/IP, Internet protocols, Ethernet and be highly skilled at both troubleshooting
and triage of all issues. Broad experience with network monitoring equipment, traffic flow analysis,
network security, performance tuning and fault tolerance architectures is needed. Ability to
analyze, debug, track and resolve network performance and security issues is required.
Experience with the following technologies is preferred, Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, HP
Procurve switches, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 LTM and GTM, Dell SonicWall
VPN, Cisco Wireless Solutions, RSA Secure ID, APC power and cooling. Must be experienced
and proficient in managing IPS/IDS, switches, routers and firewalls. Proficiency in managing F5
load balancers is required. Experience with Cisco IOS and NX-OS is required. Experience with
regular device life cycle maintenance including activities such as upgrading firmware on network
devices such as Cisco Switches and routers is a must. Must have a strong understanding of
Networking OSI Model. Familiarity with network management, traffic and monitoring tools such
as Solarwinds and Netflow are needed. Detailed experience with Layer 2 switching, VLAN's
trunking technologies, Aggregation (LACP, PAGP, VPC, MEC; VTP; and STP, (R) PVST(+), MST
is also required. Experience planning and executing large scale network changes is a must.
Experience using routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF is needed. Experience with
wireless network services and protocols is required. Experience with Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and metric based reporting is required.
Detailed knowledge of network and security concepts, best practices, and technologies including
IPS/IDS, DDoS, IPSec, SSL, DNS, DHCP, routing and switch, IPAM, NAT, etc. is needed.
Relevant network certifications (CCNP, CCIE, etc.) are preferred, or equivalent knowledge
required. Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features
Routing and Switching
F5 Load Balancing
Palo Alto Firewalls
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Senior Network Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.