Seeking a seasoned technical Data Architect with leadership skills. This Director will team up with Chief Data Officer and lead a handful of Developers. The client offers eligibility for lifetime medical benefits and a pension.
1) Data architecture: database design, statistical methods, data analytics, etc (70% Data architecture and 30% Management)
3) Management (70% Data architecture and 30% Management)
- Perform a key leadership and mentorship role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation involving cloud-based, traditional and hybrid architectures.
- Create and maintain responsibility for the overall design of the enterprise-wide data architecture leveraging a range of new design techniques to ensure high levels of speed, effectiveness and availability across platforms.
- Establish analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Identify information challenges and opportunities within the organization and develop innovative data architecture solutions that can assist with these challenges.
- Manage current and future data architecture, design, and content needs while producing design and development guidelines to ensure a consistent and highly effective data infrastructure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a combination of education and seven years of related professional field experience.
- 7+ years of experience working as a technical lead or architect in the data and BI space with expert knowledge of database structure, theories, principles and practices relating to relational databases (Oracle and MS SQL Server preferred) and cloud data stores (AWS preferred).
- 3+ years of analytics, application or data pipeline development experience with exposure to analytics tools such as SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Airflow, etc.
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python or R required.
- Knowledge of statistics and data science to drive a scientific approach to analytics required.
- Strong project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving environment while managing multiple concurrent projects required.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Director (Data Architecture, AWS) position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.