This person needs to understand both the operational and technical sides of various processes and also needs to critically analyze the flow, requirements, gaps, and resources involved in the processes. The Business Intelligence Analyst requires a certain level of experience with databases, SQL, Excel, and reporting tools such as Power BI, OBIEE, Microstrategy Qlikview, SSRS, Crystal Reports.. This position is required to interprets business requirements and determine optimum BI solutions that meets the needs, identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide BI systems. The Business Intelligence Analyst will also gather requirements, design, develop, maintain and support software, and create documentation necessary to support further development and use of the applications. Has a deep understanding of one or more major components of the business enterprise. Develops and implements solutions that meet operational improvement needs. Able to manage, acquire, clean, and manipulate data in different formats from various platforms to support all analyses and reporting activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Gather requirements, design and develop reports in conjunction with developers, contractors, and business stakeholders
- Creates executive, business manager, and detail reports from day-to-day usage
- Solicits input from each department for continuous improvement and consolidating with one single reporting tool
- Implements suggested information technology reporting options
- Recommends reporting enhancements
- Creates necessary documentation to support the project
- Determine and analyze commonly used queries and reports.
- Identifies and analyzes data to ensure data quality
- Work with end-users to resolve issues with scheduled report failures
- Research and resolve data discrepancies on existing standard and custom reports.
- Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Manage, acquire, clean, and manipulate data to support all analyses and reporting activities
- Proficiency developing briefs and reports with PowerPoint, Visio, Word
- Experience with databases, SQL, Excel, and reporting tools such as OBIEE, Microstrategy Qlikview, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Power BI
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile SDLC
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to research, understand and apply new technologies
- Builds stable working relationships internally
- Ability to understand a customer's business needs and translate needs into IT specific requirements.
- Applies knowledge of the customer's functions and processes to develop business case and business requirement documents.
- Assesses the benefits of recommended solution
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge for business process and requirements
- 1+ Experience working as a business intelligence analyst
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.