One of our premier healthcare clients is looking for a Senior Consulting Software Engineer to join their team in Glen Allen, VA. This is a 7+ month contract and is $55-60/hr. DOE.
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture. Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies.
· Provides technical leadership for the portfolio of applications managed by an IT Service Owner.
· Drives the usability and quality of the software developed within the area.
· Ensures technical currency is maintained within the applications within the portfolio.
· Acts as a hands-on software engineer, who can write quality code, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching.
· Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
· Applies Design Thinking techniques on application design.
· Leads agile software development efforts as a senior Technical Leader.
· Coaches and mentors other software engineers across teams on practices such as TDD, ATDD and pair programming.
· Designs highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
· Creates load and performance testing strategy and perform advanced performance tuning. Reviews and implement corrective and preventive measures based on metrics across portfolio of applications including but not limited to code quality, business metrics and performance metrics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
10+ years of related experience including experience working with Agile Methods and modern programming environments.
Experience in health care, insurance or related field.
Agile, DevOPS and Cloud experience.
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelors – Computer and Information Science
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Sr. Software Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.